they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, April 11, 2008

bigger.

you don't always know

the right thing to say
or why i cry so easily
at small offenses.

it's not usually clear
at first
what happened to set me off --
spiralling downward
into the pit of depression
that plagues me still - sometimes.

i don't come with a user's manual.
though i'm sure that would make things
easier.
it would have instructions like
smile at her
hold her
dry her tears
and laugh.

it would explain the difference between
being sad due to hormones
and just being sad.

and it would have a chapter
discussing why it's so important
that i have a dog.

but i wouldn't expect you to read it,
because even i don't know all that it contains.

i'm learning still.

but i do know there are a couple of chapters
just about you.
and why it's okay when you don't have the right words
because the gift of you
is so much bigger
than moments.

image by paul flinders.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm lurker. I can't even tell you how I found your blog; but I've been checking in to read when I can. Anyway, someone sent me this link and I thought of you...
    http://www.hana-ess.eu.dodea.edu/activities/video/dog_screen_clean.swf

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops... need to break up the link because the comment box isn't big enough it seems...
    http://www.hana-ess.eu.dodea.edu/
    activities/video/dog_screen_clean.swf

     

Post a Comment

<< Home