they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, September 15, 2006

i might be slightly insane

every day when i get out of the shower, gus has usually gone back to bed. this means, he's in my bed all cute and sleeping in my covers. okay, typically the bedroom light is off. if i turn it on, gus usually wakes up and looks at me. the thoughts i project into his head that i believe he is thinking go something like this "okay, mom, i'm trying to sleep. can you turn of that damn light and let me sleep while you get ready for a hard day of work."

yeah.

so, today, i got out of the shower and went into the bedroom. only unlike on other days, today, the light was on. gus was kind of just laying there with this look on his face. and honest-to-god, this is what i thought, "why didn't gussy just turn the light off?"

yeah.

insane.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i know my pugs have a running dialogue in their head..i can only imagine what they're saying to me...or about me...

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    For my pugs the dialogue usually goes something like this, "Okay, is it food time yet? How about walk time? Park time? Car ride time? Family nap time? How about food time?"

    Selfish little buggers, no? But even though they'd sell me down the river for a half-eaten hamburger, I know they love me. You should see the scene they put on everytime I come home. And it makes the rest of it worth it. Most of the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home