they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

book it

i'm paying hommage to the ol' book it club by pizza hut. remember it? fill your button with stars representing books read, and win a free personal pan pizza. oh, first grade, how i miss you.

joe tagged me with this book meme. so, i'm going to play along. cause i'm cool like that.



1. One book that changed your life.
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller

2. One book you have read more than once.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. One book you would want on a desert island
The Bible

4. One book that made you laugh
Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

5. One book that made you cry
I don't think I've cried while actually reading a book, though, honest to God, I cried when I was finished reading Crime and Punishment, because I was sad it was over.

6. One book you wish you had written
If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things by Jon McGregor

7. One book you wish had never been written
i don't think this is a fair question.

8. One book you are currently reading
I just finished Fight Club and am currently reading my back issues of Runner's World.

9. One book you have been meaning to read
Shop Girl. It's sitting on my desk at work. Thanks, Joel. I'll get to it.

10. Tag five people.
Ben
Sarah
Chase
Faith
Jess

3 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Aw, thanks for tagging me! Too bad I only read pop-up books.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    Great list! You'll enjoy Shop Girl (much better than the movie, which my Supermodel Wife and I watched a couple of weeks ago).

    You should also read Steve Martin's novel The Pleasure of My Company, which I think is the better of the two.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    i'm a huge steve martin fan, and i have read the pleasure of my company. i love it. that's why i want to give shop girl a chance. i liked the movie, but i'm guessing it's a lot like to kill a mocking bird - whereas the book is 100 times better than the movie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home