they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, January 27, 2006

i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

So I have this gag reflex problem. It’s a minor problem really. It only comes to the surface when I am in the presence of a horribly offensive smell or the sound of someone puking or something that looks gross like road kill or Gus’ vomit. I try to avoid these gag reflex triggers at all costs, but there are just some things I can’t avoid. Like just now, I was in the bathroom at work taking care of my business in a hurry because someone was REALLY taking care of their business in the stall a few doors down and it was loud and vile and squirty and it stunk — I mean horribly. It was awful. So awful that the offending party took care of two courtesy flushes while I was in there for less than two minutes. I washed my hands quickly, the whole time holding my breath, and exited the main part of the bathroom in what may have appeared as a dead sprint but I don’t think anyone noticed. And though I was mostly running while not breathing, some of the stench must have stayed in my nose because as soon as I entered the “lounge’ part of the bathroom, I started gagging uncontrollably and I’m sure the person in the stall heard me and probably thought I did it on purpose. But I didn’t. I can’t help it. And now, my eyes are all watery and my stomach hurts because these were deep, wretching gags. If it would have gone on for even a second longer, I probably would have thrown up. I’m not sure what I am going to do when I have kids of my own and I have to deal with their smelly things like dirty diapers and vomit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home