they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, January 23, 2006

why there is nothing better than eating pulled pork in a gas station.


Oklahoma Joe's never lets me down. The pulled pork sandwich is insanely good, and the fries are, well, the only fries in the city that I will actually consume. It doesn't hurt that a massive bag of them costs under $2.00, can feed both me and Nick and is full to the brim of french fries that are actually cut from a real potato- yes, they even have little hints of potato skin still on them.

I do love me some OK Joe's, and I don't even mind going home smelling like a barbecue pit. Because as soon as that smell starts to fade, I know it's high time to go back.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Right you are! I like to sit next to the window overlooking the liquor store.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    I always think that "window" should be a mirror. It catches me by surprise every time.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Dr Will said…

    that is my standard meal at OK Joes as well. Sometimes I just skip th bread and go for 1/2 pound of pork dry with a dry. that place is insanely good.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger AeroSquid said…

    The pulled pork is the best and getting it on texas toast makes it the be all end all of a bbq sammich.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home