they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

62 things about me.

1. I like to read, but I don’t always finish an entire book
2. I can wear my hair straight or curly, all by changing the attachment on my hair dryer.
3. I married my husband, Nick, three weeks after I graduated college.
4. Nick and I have a dog, Gus, who we thought was a pug, but now we know he is a petite branbacon.
5. I am one of the only people I know who doesn’t have a baby.
6. I’m obsessed with scarves as a seasonal accessory.
7. I am very particular about which bathroom stall I choose.
8, When I’m driving by myself, I turn the music up so loud, I can’t hear my cell phone ringing.
9. I began working out Jan 1, 2000. I haven’t stopped since.
10. I live in a smallish house with an ugly old-lady white awning over the stoop.
11. I obsessively clean every Friday night so that on Saturday, I can do whatever I want.
12. I am friends with my deli lady and my fish monger at the grocery store.
13. I dream of putting a bike attachment on my roof rack, but I fear it will cost more than the worth of my bike.
14. I hate saying goodbye to people.
15. When I miss someone, it’s hard to do anything other than miss them.
16. I once had a therapist tell me I had chronic depression and anxiety. I stopped seeing her, and I’m 100 percent better now.
17. I’ve attempted to write a book three separate times. One day, I plan to write, write, write until it’s finished.
18. I dream of publishing a memoir.
19. I lust after being published in The New Yorker.
20. My favorite part of my body is my right eye.
21. I hate my upper lip.
23. My mom always complains that her nose is too big. I got her nose.
24. When I was in high school, I weighed 88 pounds and was severely anorexic. I will never, ever revisit that place.
25. Although I eat meat, I am appalled by the treatment of animals and I secretly want to do a PETA protest. I would have to be clothed though.
26. I am a condiment fanatic. My favorite is horseradish.
27. I really, really like creamed herring.
28. I love to cook with garlic, but I hate the way my fingers smell afterward.
29. I am the oldest of three children. My sister and I didn’t get along until I was 22. She is now one of my best friends.
30. My brother lives in Denver where he works for Road to Jerusalem. People say we look alike. I miss him.
31. My parents got divorced this year after almost 30 years of marriage. I am now a statistic.
32. I am happiest at home with Gus on my lap, and Nick by my side.
33. My best friend knows all of my secrets, and I know hers.
34. If I find a song I really like, I play it over and over and over until it makes me sick.
35. I read ten blogs a day.
36. I used to wish I had blond hair.
37. I go to Legacy Christian Church and Nick and I lead a small group.
38. I have a purple couch. It was the first large piece of furniture we ever bought.
39. I drive a Honda Element and we call her “Elly.” I love her, but I miss my civic.
40. I get asked when I am going to be getting pregnant almost once a week. I’ve stopped answering.
41. I love to take walks.
42. I am training for a full marathon.
43. I used to hate to run.
44. My mom is adopted. She found her birth family eight years ago. They were looking for her, too.
45. I was raised Jewish.
46. Although I consider myself a semi health-freak, I love chocolate and fried food.
47. I would do almost anything for a freshly baked, crusty loaf of bread. Serve it up with some olive oil, and I might eat the entire loaf.
48. I get migraine headaches once a month.
49. I stop by Quick Trip every morning for a cup of coffee. I’m glad they’ve introduced the “Italian Blend” variety.
50. I chew Orbit Wintermint gum because I am afraid I have bad breath.
51. Sometimes I wonder if I am “the smelly kid.” I’ve asked my friends, and they’ve said no. But I’m not sure I believe them.
52. I wear Victoria’s Secret Pink perfume.
53. I have to put lotion on my hands before I go to bed.
54. If I have a bad dream, I wake up and turn on some lights — still.
55. I’ve had three jobs in four years. I’m always looking for something “better.”
56. I have one grey hair that I keep pulling out. It keeps growing back.
57. I’m 26.
58. When I was a senior in high school, I was fluent in French.
59. I dated my high school boyfriend for three and ½ years.
60. I don’t like to bite into an apple. I have to cut it into slices.
61. I am always afraid that people won't like me. I'm getting better at this though.
62. I scrunch my nose and my forehead up when I'm trying to make a point. I'm not sure it's that cute.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    Are you sure Gus isn't a pug? I own two and he looks just like my girls...

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    I'm sure. Google image search brussles griffons and you'll see the smoothe coated variety. we used to think gus was just an undesirable pug, but now we see (and our vet agrees) that he just very much looked like a pug puppy.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    4. Mmmmmm... Bacon
    20. Wink Wink
    26. Mustard Rules
    27. Needs lots of Mustard
    32. Butt Juice
    38. Prince
    41-42. Walking a marathon takes along time
    50. I love you anyway stinky face
    57. Pup
    59. Sometimes I Thank God for Unanswered Prayers
    61. To read you is to like you.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Number 13...just be glad you don't have a bike that costs more than your car.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home