they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, December 09, 2005

wanting to disappear

Yesterday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. sharp, I got my second migraine of the week. I was working and typing and reading and writing and then, the migraine fairy paid me a visit and I was blinded in the left eye with her shimmering stardust. I couldn’t drive home, so I called Nick to come get me. And after 20 minutes and nearly getting stuck twice, he made it to my building. We went home, I went to sleep and then a few hours later, I woke up feeling better. But, as soon as I started to eat something, I was blind again. Great. Thankfully, I was well enough to enjoy an excellent episode of Everwood. Today, I woke up nauseated and with a headache and drowsy, but I trudged on, through the morning, through the shower, through finding an outfit that I’m not even sure matches, through packing my work bag and through the drive to work. I got to my cube, tired but ready to face the day, and got into my work bag to take out the soda I had packed. The soda was empty. Somehow, it had been punctured and it spilled all over my calendar, a notebook full of important notes, two discs, two pair of running socks, my makeup bag, three CDs, an umbrella, a jar of Advil and every pay stub I’d received in the last six months. Awesome. I also forgot my lunch today, am feeling fat, am so not liking my hair style and my right nostril is stuffed up. I called a girlfriend to complain and she told me things can only get better. I hope she’s right. Because my life usually follows the ‘when it rains, it pours’ theme nicely. Let’s just hope the storm has already hit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home