they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

awesome.

The building I work in has no water. The crews have been working to fix this problem since 10 p.m. last night. We can't use the bathrooms, we can't make coffee, we can't hydrate. We can, however, walk across the street in the blustery day to use another building's bathrooms. Great. Last time this happened, they let everyone go home. I didn't work here then. Why the building across the street idea now? Why me? Oh, how I would have loved a free day off.

Instead, I'm working hard in the cube, updating our Web site, contacting companies in Virginia and writing away and away all while listening to my secret favorite CD at the moment -- Kelly Clarkson. It was a late birthday gift from my best friend, and it's funny because we both have totally different musical tastes, I prefer Wilco and The Police. She likes Usher and 50 Cent. But we both totally think KC rocks. Though, we don't want many people to know, which is why we prefer to call Kelly "KC." I love KC. I could mean my city, but today, I don't. I mean the former American Idol, nose-ring-wearing, pop diva. And I'm semi proud that I've been able to admit that I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home