they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

a good day to be a dog

I imagine that today is a good day to be a dog. For a well-loved canine, today is perfect. Take Gus, for example. He's at home, snug in his kennel, safe from the elements and the snow-covered roads and the wind and its counterpart, the sub-zero wind chill. Humans, however, don't have it so good. Take me, for example. I'm wearing work attire and tall boots and am facing a drive home that could leave me stranded or with a nervous breakdown. Shawnee Mission Parkway is sure to be a slippery adventure, and I am sure to say a few well-meaning, not-so-nice words during my commute. I can't wait.

If anything worth lamenting about happens, I'll be sure to update you all tomorrow. Until then, stay warm, drive safely and if you drive one of those huge SUVs with four-wheel drive, don't forget about the little people in the Honda Civics that don't appreciate snow spraying like cotton balls in a blender when they are trying really hard just to drive in a straight line while avoiding hitting the car five feet ahead.
Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home