they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, November 04, 2005

On noticing the extra special things in life due to the fact that they are migraine triggers.

Certain cars glare the sun at a level of intensity that I didn’t even know was possible. Not even my super-charged, polarized Ray Bans can help me now.

People who smoke in the bathrooms at work should be taken outside and beaten. People who smoke cigars in the stairwell at work should be shot. (Or they should at least have to have a vice grip around their skull so that they can feel the pain that they helped cause me).

Not being able to eat pizzas is only a bad thing when having to order a sandwich at Spin instead of a mouthwatering, so-good-it-should-be-sinful pizza dripping with oil and goat cheese and garlic and bacon.

Due to the fact that it is a migraine trigger, I miss chocolate. I bought two bags of chocolate-themed Halloween candy two weeks ago. We had two trick-or-treaters. I have single-handedly consumed most of the remaining chocolate. Yesterday, I got a migraine. Coincidence?

Driving from Kansas City to Columbia was always an easy, fast, 2-CD length drive — until I turned 21 and got my first migraine. Suddenly, the once fun drive became a trek across the unknown in which I would constantly wonder what would happen if I got a migraine on the way back and forth and I couldn’t see and had to pull over and it was dark and I was alone on I-70. It never happened, but I sure did waste a lot of good drive time worrying.

Red wine, a trigger, is easily supplemented with white wine or even zinfandel. Caffeine however, which is also a trigger, is not easily exchanged and is therefore, still a part of my stupid diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home