they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, October 25, 2010

MIZ.

the last time MU beat Oklahoma was in 1998. i was a college freshman who thought i had everything figured out. the world was my oyster. i was free to become someone i couldn't become under my parent's roof.

saturday night, i watched them beat Oklahoma again. and this little part of my heart ached because i wanted to be there. i wanted to follow the goalpost to harpos. i wanted to be wearing black and gold, singing the fight song, losing my voice from excitement.

and even though i wanted to be in columbia, i didn't want to be that 19-year-old.

no. i'm a lot wiser now.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    That's the one saving grace of being old. There are many days of my past that I'd like to pay a return visit to, but I am quite okay with the fact that I don't have to relive any of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home