they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

happy hour.

i needed to go out tonight. i had a challenging day at my contract job. and by challenging i mean, by 10:30 i was hoping for a glass of wine and a break.

so when b got home we went out and had some wine and some lobster ravioli. only, this "lobster" ravioli had no actual lobster anywhere near it. lots of mushrooms. a good cream sauce. but lobster? nope. usually this would have bothered the h e double L out of me. but i let it roll off my back. because i was in the mood to relax, to rejuvenate and to forget about all of my problems. so i ate the mushroom and cream ravioli without much complaining and then...

then we came back home. and i stretched out on the patio wall and stared at the sky. the clouds moving fast, the sun setting, the mosquitos biting. and regardless, that moment of peace reminded me that i was home. and that no matter what i spend my day doing, where i lay my head is what counts.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Donna. W said…

    You know what? Your blog is a breath of fresh air and poetry.

    Don't change.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home