they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, December 01, 2008

thanksgiving thoughts.

1. thanksgiving was at my sister's this year. i still woke up at 7:30. to watch the parade.

2. i made B watch the parade with me. i felt all holidayish. he felt forced.

3. the big parade balloons don't impress me as much as they used to. i pretended they did, of course.

4. before clay aiken appears on live television, he needs a serious hair stylist.

5. speaking of hair stylists, my locks are getting too long for my taste.

6. but i'm too lazy to make an appointment to get them trimmed.

7. my sis and bro-in -law were not lazy on thanksgiving, however, and they put on quite the holiday.

8. i thought my green bean casserole was my best yet.

9. no one else said anything about it.

10. as a sign of my age, this thanksgiving, i was in bed by 8:30 p.m.

11. and on saturday night, after returning from seeing B's family in lawrence at 11 p.m., i was so tired i could even wake up for church in the morning.

12. what is happening to me?

6 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember that birthday you just had?

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i told you i loved the casserole.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    noBody...yes you did. you're right. one person loved it. i bet someone loves them back.

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who is noBody? I also told you it was really good! and who is DKC?
    love amy

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    oh i must have been in a fog when everyone was lavishing my casserole with praises. :)

    think aboout it: noBody. what letter is capitalized?

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    got it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home