they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

things that are new about me.

1. my hair is pig-tailable. for the first time in five years.
2. i like my freckles.
3. on saturdays, i lounge around for hours before even thinking about working out.
4. when i work out, i don't freak out about it like i used to. i even skip two days in a row.
5. i eat spicy things again. hello, habanero.
6. i go to a small group filled with lovely ladies from my new church.
7. i like church. a lot.
8. i'm not really holding onto any bitterness anymore.
9. i now have a window to look out of at work.
10. i have a new job title, too.
11. i'm enjoying being kolby's mommy.
12. i actually use my costco membership.
13. there is nothing i enjoy more than a night out with good food, good wine and B.
14. i love my niece more than i knew i could.
15. the niece thing is making me think more about being a mommy at some point.
16. don't freak out, i'm just "thinking" about it.
17. i'm talking to my mom more.
18. i have a better relationship with my dad.
19. i sleep through the night most nights. goodbye, insomnia.
20. most days, i'm happy.
21. i understand what love really is.
22. god is real to me.
23. i'm okay with having my own opinions. and no one tells me i can't.
24. i spend money on travel instead of jeans.
25. i am craving another vacation.
26. but i also kind of want a new pair of sevens.
27. i drive a tiny yaris and people perceive me to be all gas-conscious and green.
28. that was the plan.
29. but toyota lied. i get 22 mpg.
30. i plan to trade it in for a civic soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Shane said…

    Looks like you're having a great day. I attribute most of your happiness to #9. Having a window at work is a necessity.

    (OK, just kidding...21 and 22 are probably the most important.)

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I drive a 2007 Yaris and get 34-38 in the city and 44-46 on the Highway.... might want to have the mechanicals checked, that is way too low for a Yaris.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey DKC, what kind do you have? Four doors? Black?

    I'm thinking of trading in my VW for a more efficient car. I'm not so into the flashy sports car anymore. Less flash, more Yaris.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two-door hatchback. Blue. Very roomy. Best part is driving by gas stations and under SUVs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home