they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

this is not normal.

okay, so my UTI issue is sort of resolving into a much more serious/chronic problem. ugh. because of this problem, i've been taking a medication that dries me out. like, i don't have to pee as much. part of the drying, though, side-effectively takes place in my mouth, throat and eyes. before today, it's been bearable. today has been awful. my throat is raw because i have no saliva. my eyes are burning because they are so dry. and then, i was stupid and went running. i noticed that after about two miles, i hadn't sweat a drop. not one. and i felt really hot. my skin was red...but i figured i'd sweat eventually and ran one more mile. um, that's when i started to freak out. no sweating. no saliva. fear of heat stroke set-in like a mofo. then i got home and did some research on this medication. it says to avoid exercise and overheating. to avoid hot tubs and saunas. all because heat stroke is a real complication of this drug. um, yeah. so i'm not taking it anymore. my face is still bright red from my run. and my run was two hours ago. why can't my body just go back to normal? this is beyond frustrating.

and with that, i'm going to dinner.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    You better be getting some fluids in you quick!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, that is not good! I could try to run along side of you, and throw water on you while you work out. That way I could get a cardio workout in there also :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home