they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

60 things about me.

1. right now, i have to stick to a low-acid diet. i hate it.
2. tomatoes and tomato products are one of my favorite foods.
3. aged cheese, smoked cheese and brie are also up there on my list.
4. now, i must settle for mozzarella and cream cheese. (i must also avoid tomatoes like the plague.)
5. i'm sort of a foodie.
6. i'm not sure i'm proud of that.
7. i don't watch food network as much as i used to.
8. i now spend more time watching back seasons of shows like "lost."
9. i also like to watch 'the girls next door.' it's such a train wreck.
10. right now, i'm watching scenes from hitchcock's "the birds." on a hugeass television that is not mine.
11. i need a new television.
12. i also need to get dvr.
13. i spent this new year's eve in florida.
14. last year, i went to bed at 10:30.
15. i enjoy discovering new music every day.
16. today, i listened to songs that were featured on last nights season premier of "one tree hill."
17. i'm a copywriter at an interactive advertising agency.
18. i work on a team with all boys.
19. i'm not as innocent as i was two years ago when i started there.
20. and i sometimes cuss more than i used to.
21. my baby sister had a child in december.
22. i am now an aunt.
23. i don't think i babysat much when i was little and so, i often compare my niece to gus.
24. i am obviously so not ready to be a mother.
25. my favorite food of the moment is Pho. (vietnamese rice noodle soup.)
26. i prefer my Pho to be made with thinly sliced rare beef.
27. if i'm making meat sauce, i used ground buffalo instead of beef.
28. since august of 2006, i've been eating mostly organic.
29. i no longer get a migraine once a month.
30. this year, i was diagnosed with GERD (reflux.)
31. i was supposed to take prevacid every day for the rest of my life.
32. i stopped taking it.
33. i feel fine.
34. i am a former home owner.
35. i'm watching lots of co-workers and friends purchase their first homes.
36. it's very strange to be renting again.
37. i could own a home if i wanted probably.
38. if i did own a home, i'd hope to have gus at it.
39. i miss gus so much that it hurts.
40. though i had a fabulous time in florida, the whole way home i ached for gus.
41. gus may have been what helped keep me sane.
42. i'm doing okay without him, but i wish i could hold him again. just once.
43. maybe i get too attached to pets.
44. my childhood golden retriever is still alive.
45. i saw him a few days ago and then i had a dream that he died.
46. i think the universe is telling me to get a pet.
47. i used to be allergic to cats.
48. somehow, it went away this year.
49. i have fallen in love with a certain white cat.
50. this cat has opened my eyes to a whole new realm of possibilities.
51. i no longer go to legacy christian church.
52. i sort of float between churches right now.
53. i was supposed to start a new small group tonight but couldn't because i feel like crap.
54. i will go next week.
55. the last two times i went to church, my favorite person in the world went with me.
56. it felt good to have them there.
57. i think i've grown a lot in my understanding of God this year.
58. and i've never been more confused.
59. 'blue like jazz' by donald miller revolutionized my life.
60. i think i'm about due for some more revolutionizing.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger pom. said…

    I don't read your blog NEARLY enough. I think you're such an amazing, beautiful person. Every time I come back here I'm like GAH! I forgot to be reading this!!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great stuff :-) Glad to know that there are quality people out there like yourself who read my blog, and have a great one also! I will definitely keep checking up on yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home