they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

gobble, gobble

this thanksgiving was the first holiday hosted by me. we brought in a folding table and made do with my great aunt's china. see below. (yes, it looks better suited to a baby shower or easter, but it's what i have and it was lovely.)


everyone was there. here i am with my sister and my mom. my sister is going to pop my niece out of that belly any day now. then, i'll be an aunt. hard to believe, i know.

before the meal, we snacked on brie and crackers. we also drank wine and beer. yay, thanksgiving.
it's rare that my brother, sister and i are in the same city. here we all are on my couch. i'm the oldest. can you tell?


my brother and i are really funny. you should want to hang out with us because of how fantastic we are. just look at those faces.

to see out the windows in my loft, you have to stand on these wooden boxes. my dad convinced my grandpa to get up on one. there they are, gazing at the city. i was afraid they would fall and had to walk away. thankfully, they made it down.




my brother-in-law is the turkey-master. he came over at 9 a.m. to prepare it. he infused the butter with rosemary and lavender. it was the best bird i've ever consumed. not even kidding. look at that color on it. wow.

my brother and sister-in-law enjoyed their meal thoroughly. (who wouldn't have?) my brother insisted on eating the turkey leg. i was fine with that. i prefer white meat.

that's my plate and my white wine. i can't drink red. sad, i know. but i make do. especially when the white wine if divine and abundant. and it was.

i just realized we forgot to do the wishbone. shoot.






1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dang...wish i coulda been there. though i did slam starbucks coffee drinks and gnaw on greek style turkey. but wow, that tim turkey looks yum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home