they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

caught red-handed with greasy fingers.

So I’m on this whole organic food kick, right? And it was going really well until Nick bought white chocolate m&m’s and my mom brought over homemade salsa and Fritos. Screw the salsa, I’ve totally binged on the Fritos, which I’m convinced I could live on if I truly had to. I must have eaten my weight in them yesterday. But that’s not all. In between balancing the chips out with a healthy whole grain organic bread sandwich with an egg (a complete source of protein), hummus, cucumber and tomato and a healthy dinner of organic beans and rice, I indulged in several handfuls of candy-coated white chocolaty goodness. Yeah. So what have I learned? I can’t have Fritos anywhere near me. I have absolutely no discipline if they are in the picture. My will power to “just say no” is worthless. I am a slave to the fried delights. A slave.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    I must confess...I know nothing about organic foods, but maybe they are just so good that they will attack the fritos and M&M's that are in your body and kill them? That would be awesome. I'd eat more organic if that were the case!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger FUZZBUG said…

    I went with "Clean Burst", really how could you go wrong with a name like that?

    But sadly I did.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger noapostrophe said…

    Chili Cheese Fritos are a gift from God. Life isn't worth living without breaking a few rules once in a while, right? If you're feeling guilty bc the fritos aren't organic, try Garden of Eatin' guacamole chips. You'll still eat the whole bag in one sitting, but the guilt factor isn't as high.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I don't understand the organic thing. I've lived a good, long time while at the same time allowing many pesticide-exposed things to enter my body, and I seem just fine! I know I have a tendency to cuss a lot, and I might seem just a *little* messed up to some people, but I'm sure it isn't the pesticides that did it!

    They might have something to do with my pee being purple, though. As I understand it, that isn't normal for most people...

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I laughed out loud, then I showed it to Vanessa and she laughed out loud.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home