they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

milestones

Today, Gus turned 2. Happy birthday to you, bubba.

It has become a tradition to pose with Mr. Woof on this, his very special day.


I went to a dog bakery and got Gus this bone. They wrote his name on it, and it was really great until I walked outside into the 90 degree heat and his name melted. I was sad, but Gus obviously didn't know the difference.

I would also like to submit for history, the event of the successful installation of the new vanity light, bathroom mirror and outlet. For the first time in three years, I dried and straightened my hair in the bathroom. Thank you Rob for all of your help. We still have a ways to go with this remodel, but it's nice to make progress.



3 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're my hero if you and Nick are remodeling your bathroom yourself. We are having ours done. 1. I'm not sure we would still be married at the end of the remodel if we did it ourselves and 2. I'm not sure that I'm interested in learning the ins and outs of ceramic tile and how exactly to fix dry rot. Enjoy!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    See!! I KNEW I wasn't the only one in the neighborhood that had a house without an outlet in the bathroom! (Although, I couldn't stand the idea of not having one in there when I first moved in, and I had the electrician that bumped up my main electrical line to the house go ahead and install one at the same time. He charged me $15 for it. He also gave me advice on the replacement of the vanity light I was planning on doing.)

    I don't know how the woman that owned the house before me lived there without an outlet in the bathroom for 15 years. I wouldn't have been able to handle it. So now that I know someone else that has done it for an extended period of time, I have to think that it must be doable. I wouldn't like it much, though...

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    lizzie,
    we are "doing it ourselves" with the help of our neighbor, who is basically doing it for us. and to top it off, they're doing the hardest part on the weekend i'll be out of town.

    faith, it is SO NICE to have an outlet! I had been using one of the outlets in the kitchen and pulling the chord to the hall where I have a full-length mirror. ha ha.
    p.s., i have a sneaking suspicion that my street is next on the list to be torn up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home