they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My guilty (kind of) pleasure.


So, today for lunch, I brought yogurt and fruit and while I'll admit that I probably should have packed more to eat, I will also admit that the only thing that sounds good to me right now are the baked pork rinds that were sent to me in a care package from a client. They're like little bites of heaven. And, they're baked, which makes me feel less guilty about consuming them. I had never tried a pork rind until last year when my best friend was on the Atkins diet. She ate pork rinds like crazy and I may have been known to try one or two. And now, I have three bags of them staring me in the face. I haven't tried the barbecue variety yet, but I'm loving the hot and spicy rinds. I should probably just throw the bags away or put them in the breakroom and watch how fast they get eaten, but instead, i'm conserving them for the long winter and the bacon cravings. Because each crispy, crunchy morsel really does taste like my all-time favorite food, bacon. I'm mostly healthy but lately, my vice is the rind. Do you blame me?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pork Rinds Rule!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home