they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

threaded together.

sometimes words bubble out of me
slowly
one
at
a
time
painfully marked by silence
and then
a sigh
before i find the next word
to say.
like my body is forming them
inside some word womb
putting together letters
sounds
syllables
threaded together by
a dull needle
and
a puncture wound.
those are the times when
i'm not sure i've said
enough.
and i wonder
if the words my heart
plucked and put on my tongue
were the right ones.

but who am i to argue
with my heart.

i am just a silly girl
who gets distracted
by the way you can actually hear the breeze
(shhhhh
listen to it)
when there are lots of trees in the way. 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home