they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

on the floor.

small tiles
(octagons)
press up
on my cheek.
and this cold
- usually reserved for the soles of my feet -
feels foreign
to my face.
so my eyes begin
to water
leaving residue in their corners -
a reminder i'll have to take care of in the morning.
from my place on the
floor
i notice things like
a corner filled with hair that
last week
was attached to the cat.
and
a spot on the molding i missed
while whitewashing it
last spring.
my gaze grows wider
but not taller
just more
east
and west
if you can count those directions
from inside four walls.
and just as i begin to
settle in -
bones resting on
white marble -
my cheek
goes
numb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home