they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

an early taste of spring.

Today it was 67 degrees. It was also December 30.
Last year at this time, there was snow on the ground. Or maybe it had melted. But there had been piles and piles and piles of cold, wet, ugly snow.

Not today.

Today was perfect.

Tonight, I'm wearing my new Anthropologie apron. Making lentil soup for my sinuses that are neither clear nor painless.

But I'm aslo drinking wine. And I have a special bottle chilling for later. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe later tonight during a marathon of Dexter. Yes, we've fallen in love with Dexter.

Oh and did I tell you how much I love T.J. Maxx?

Took some Christmas money there and got a $100 straightener for $25. And a new tea kettle in the most lovely retro shade of green.

Just looking at it makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home