they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, August 09, 2010

things i love (the august 2010 edition.)

air conditioning
ceiling fans
screened porches with ceiling fans
quinoa
raw goat cheese
heirloom tomatoes
curly leaf parsley
my freckles
bronzer
being okay not wearing any bronzer
the pair of jeggings i bought while tipsy
arcade fire's new song "suburban war"
not living in the suburbs
raw cashew butter
cheese-free pizza at spin
finding new drinking fountains on my running routes
long runs
weekends
always seeing someone i know while i'm running
the small-town feeling of my neighborhood
not living in a small town
my work-provided iPhone 4
watching movies at movie theaters that serve wine
or on the couch
with my husband
and dog
and the cat trying to scratch my chair from west elm,
which is also a love -
i love that chair
and the cat,
the cat, too.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Sarah St. said…

    I just bought jeggings! Haven't had the guts to wear them yet, plus it's too hot for something that clingy. Big thumbs down, though, on cheeseless pizza. That's not pizza. It's "bread with stuff on top."

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    it's pizza. but also sort of flatbread.

    anyway, wear the jeggings! where did you get yours? you'll look great. and you CAN wear them in this weather. inside.

    :)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Cheeseless pizza...LOVE. I think the people who don't understand it need to try it, just once at least. And THEN pass judgement. :D

    And you live in the suburbs, so I don't get that point on the list. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home