they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, May 25, 2009

knock, knock.

every once in a while, i meet someone who to me, is a stranger. but i'm not to them. they know me because of this. this journal of thoughts and photos and the occasional spew of randomness fit together as an excuse for poetry.

and wow, it's usually such a treat to say hello. face-to-face.

then there's the opposite. old friends and acquaintances who i know read this. but never comment or say hello. and i suppose i give them that option.

but sometimes, sometimes i just want to know who's there.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    um, I am!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Donna. W said…

    I'm here. Just another person you haven't met.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Kelley said…

    I'm here too. Can't remember how I came across your blog; but I've been back many times in the last couple of years.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger mikaro said…

    Looks like a good time to come out of the closet! knock knock me out!!
    I have been off and on for a couple of years!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    old friend/acquaintance checking in :)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm still reading! i love your writing. -erica

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found you thru TKC...you're such a great writer - hope you find a job soon!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger a beer sort of girl said…

    Me too. Every now & then. Not stalker like. :)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I haven't read in a few months due to all that is going on! But I am putting you in my bloglines so I can know what is going on EVERY time you post! :)

    I LOVE that house!!!! cONGRATULATOINS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home