they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

innocence lost

the new american living campaign for jc penney
- the one that's a rip-off of american eagle
yeah, that one.
it makes me miss something i'm not sure i ever had;
deeply
at my core.
it makes me ache
for a small town parade
and a red, white and blue sweater
and for a brain that doesn't question
everything our government does.
it makes me want to be happy
just eating cotton candy
and hot dogs -
with no knowledge of organic
and what msg really does
to my body.
and it's crazy, this commercial
because it evokes this conflict --
juxtaposed with my ultimate hate for the brand
is this desire to be the people
in the ad
and i'm thinking
wow, they've done something right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home