they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

home sick.

i'm home sick today. what does that mean in my world? um, i slept until 9:30. then, i put on some sweats, a wool hat, a coat, brushed my teeth and went to physical therapy. i had to. while there, i promised my physical therapist that i'm not contagious. i'm not sure if that's true. so, i white lied in an effort to keep correcting my IC. i can't miss a week of physical therapy just because of a little (read: a painful, terrible, horrible) case of strep throat.

when i returned home, i cleaned. i shouldn't have, i know. but i can't be stuck at home when home is messy. it makes my head spin. so, i cleaned. then, i made oven fries. because, dear reader, i've lost 6 pounds since last week. and we all know i don't need to be losing any pounds. my pants are hanging off of me and people are noticing. so, i need to force the food past the swollen tonsils - as best as i can at least.

while making said oven fries, i set off the smoke detector in my loft. the piercing sound comes from a vessel that's mounted about 15 feet up, which doesn't allow for sick me to do anything about the loud buzzing. so, i just had to "live with it" until the smoke cleared.

now, i'm watching crappy daytime television. i'd rather be at work.

did i just say that?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    Get well!

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    6 pounds! Tell me what you can eat, and let me come over and make you some stuff. Or make you stuff at my house and bring it to you to re-heat when you need it.

    I hope your throat feels better soon, sista. I hope your IC is getting better day by day, too.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I *heart* crappy daytime TV. Beats being at the ranch any damn day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home