they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the truth

i've avoided disclosing this fact to the world until now. ready for this? i'm injured - again.

this time, it's my knee. and, i have no idea what happened or why it happened or why i'm such a freak of nature. actually, i've been repeating "why me?" over and over and over and over for two weeks now. just in my head so no one else could hear. but still, i've been thinking it. saying it. living it, you could say.

i think it could be a bad case of runner's knee. i'm hoping that's all it is. i've spent the last two weeks doing all that i can do - the elliptical machine backwards. and let me just tell you how much fun that is. (please sense my sarcasm.)

yesterday, i did run. slowly. for the first time in two weeks. painfully slow. did i say i ran slow? anyway, as i crawled through a slight jog, i was able to finish four miles with relatively no pain. so maybe, just maybe, things are looking up?

if not, i'll have to feel sorry for myself some more, i guess.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have this amazing juice, called Mona Vie, it will help with the pains.

    Email me and i will give you more information on it.

    porter110040@hotmail.com

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Caleb said…

    Dang-it I meant to get back earlier on this subject.

    Ice the knee, which I'm sure you have been doing and maybe start getting some sports massage. It sounds like things are coming around though, just take it slow and everything will workout in your recovery.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger noapostrophe said…

    Jessi, I'm so sorry about your new injury. I hope you're able to find a solution to the problem. On the bright side, when you hinted at such a problem, I worried about all the worst things that could have happened to you. So it sucks that you're injured, but whew anyway :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home