they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, January 26, 2007

a few good things.

1. A few weeks ago, Nick learned the "brooming" technique that should always be applied after shoveling. I now have years of ice-free driveways ahead of me.

2. A stock photography company gave a presentation at my office this week. On top of the stock photography knowledge I gained, I also took a free T-shirt and a free bottle of wine home.

3. The sugar-free syrup at our in-office coffee bar contains splenda, not aspartame. I really enjoy the sugar-free almond syrup. I also enjoy the fact that it will not give me a migraine.

4. Last night, I made fake-baked penne with ground buffalo, garlic tomato sauce, cream cheese, Italian fontinal and monteray jack. I also put lots of fresh parsley on the top. It was divine.

5. I rather like ground buffalo.

6. Last week, a co-worker accidentally called me a "bitch." I then received a handmade card that read: "Jessi, you are not a bitch. You are my friend. And friends make jokes." It may be the nicest card with the word "bitch" on it that i have ever received.

7. Last friday, Nick sent me tulips. They were light pink and white and they reminded me of spring. So now I say to God, "Bring on spring!" Bring. It. On.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home