they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

oh, h-e- double hockey sticks.

today, two and 1/2 months after i started running again and nearly three months since my boot came off, it's back on.

yeah. i'm not sure how or when or why i reinjured my stress fracture. i was taking it slow. i wasn't overdoing it. i was taking days off and rest days and easy days and crosstraining days and then there were the days when i really felt like running and still, for the sake of my foot, said "no."

but somehow, my foot is killing me and the only thing that will make it stop is my stupid, ugly aircast boot that i hate with every ounce of my being. i hate it because it's cumbersome and heavy. i hate it because today at whole foods, a woman actually ran into it with her shopping cart because she said she "couldn't figure out how to get around it." i hate it because now that it's winter, i can't wear shorts or capris or skirts with it. and pants don't fit over its width. i hate it. and, though i realize how stupid this sounds, i hate it because i can't wear my new jeans with it. the ones i spent a small fortune on. the ones that will now sit in my closet on hangers - a waste of their existence.

i'd also gotten really fast again. at running. faster and stronger than before. and i was enjoying it more than ever. and i had a new running buddy and my legs were getting really defined and i was feeling good about life - because that's what running helps with. my sanity.

anyway, you know all this. i ranted about it before. i guess i just didn't think it would happen again. and this time - the second time - is harder on me than the first.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger FUZZBUG said…

    I am so sorry that does suck.

    But at least you can rock life like a Stormtrooper (it's all I got in the bag of silver linings).

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When you had your Bone Scan during the evaluation of the prior stress fracture did you doctor also order a Bone Density study? Perhaps you have some premature osteoporosis like many exercising females. If so you would benefit from Bisphosphanate therapy, lifting weights and of course oral calcium and Vitamin D. A lot of us need running for our sanity, you are not alone. Check out the link for a good alternative when you can't run.
    http://community.lawrence.com/movy/blazers.html

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    awww, im sooo sorry... I feel so bad for you. That'd realy realy suck... (does realy have 2 l's? i think it does... oh well...)
    -steffy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home