they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

DVR, Killer Whale Cocktails and being honest.

So, I’m fessing up. Not that it will be a big surprise, but I’m kind of addicted to “What About Brian,” the television show I swore I would hate.
And, to be fair, I did hate the first episode. But now, I DVR it every week.

Oh, did I tell you we got DVR? I was vehemently opposed to the idea until Nick told me it only cost $5 a month. So, we got it and I began to love it and to need it and then, when we got our bill and I realized that it cost more than $5 a month, I was okay with it. I figure it’s worth it. It’s a valuable tool. I mean, I can tape my Thursday night shows on Thursday night and watch them whenever I want. This frees up a lot of my time for cleaning, running, cooking and hanging out with my friends. Although, I’m pretty much in the market for some additional friends. Is anyone going to step up? Anyway, when I make more friends, it will be even better that I have DVR because I assume I’ll be busy beyond words with social engagements.

Speaking of social engagements, I accompanied Nick to a local charity fundraising event last weekend. We went because Nick’s company sponsored something – not because we run with the high society crowd. I was shocked. Shocked and awed by the amount of money being thrown around during the live auction. A Yorkie went for more than $1,000. Plastic surgery was auctioned off and the list goes on and on. And anyway, it was amazing and the people-watching category. So, thanks to the free killer whale cocktails and food, I was a happy camper.

Right now I'm a happy camper, too, due to the chili cheese Fritos my friend gave me. And due to the fact that I have an engaging night planned that includes cooking, running and watching What About Brian. Maybe I'll even indulge in a glass of vino. Here's to DVR.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger FUZZBUG said…

    New friends? What? Hey, what are we?? chop liver??? I gave you delicious chilli chips!!! Aw man, why is everyone leaving me, why!!!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger "The D" said…

    When I got my DVR (TIVO) I increased the number of shows I watched but reduced the amount of time in front of the T.V. I have not seen a commercial in 4 years.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    "more" friends. that doesn't make my current friends worthless.

    oh, and to "the d," i think the fact that my career is in advertising should some how make me against skipping commercials. but, i freaking love it. i'm going to hell.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    Did you never go to a high school auction? Much throwing about of money...but remember, it's all a tax write-off! Quite fun to go to these things, most of the time, if nothing more than for the free food and booze and people watching.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home