they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

thirty.

30. not my age. my SPF.

it's what i slathered all over every inch of exposed skin before heading out on my 5.5 mile run this morning. it's what claimed to be sweat-proof even though it wasn't. it's part of my new routine. something i'll do every day for the rest of my life. something i should have been doing already. with my fair skin that easily burns and freckles.

in about a week, i'll go to a dermatological surgeon so that they can make sure to get clear margins around a mole i have that came back abnormal. the cells had begun their journey to become cancer. they weren't there yet. but they were close.

too close for my comfort.

so 30 is my new number.

is it yours?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home