they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

what my site meter tells me.

i have a site meter. i check it sometimes to see what sites are linking to my blog. and to see how many hits i get a day. (i'm so technical, i know.) recently, i've noticed a startling trend. one specific IP address visits my blog, on average, once an hour. saturday through monday. and when that IP address is viewing my blog, it's for up to an hour at a time. i know everything down to the latitude and longitude of where this IP address is stemming from. and i have suspicions. but i also have this unnerving feeling in my gut. i mean, i know i put myself out there. publicly. for people. anyone. but, when i start to notice stalkerish patterns, i wonder if it is time to password protect.

thoughts?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hmmm, my Google Reader pulls your blog postings in, so I hope it is not my Reader that is doing it!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger AJ said…

    Local IP? That would make it a little scarier.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    local. yes.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Ugh. Password protecting SUCKS. But if you must, I'm sure we'd all understand.

    Unless someone is making threats, or knows where you live (which you would never divulge, because you a smart cookay...), or whatever, just let the freak read to their heart's content.

    But if it gets weird in the least way, do what you gotta do.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    oooh that's creepy...password's a good idea...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home