they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, November 16, 2007

what are the chances?

last night i ran on the treadmill at the "gym" in my new building. when i got back to my loft, i had a myspace email waiting from a friend i hadn't seen or heard from in seven years. it said, "hey, this is really random, but i swear i saw a girl who looks like you in my apartment building downtown."

i wrote him back, saying that i lived downtown and asking where he lived.

he wrote back with, "if you live at "blank blank blank THE EXACT ADDRESS I HAVE" then we live in the same building.

i wrote back and said, "OMG i'm in (my loft number.) where are you?"

two seconds later, someone knocked on my door.

i was in my PJs so i didn't answer. i figured i'd write him back and explain. when i got back to my computer, an email was awaiting me saying that his loft number was one away from mine. he lived right across the fricking hall. how bizarre. so i said to myself, "screw my PJs, i'm going to say hello."

anyway, small world, no?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    So what's with the quotes around "gym"? What is it in actuality?

    And what a small world, eh? Hope you're settling in well at the new place. I'll miss seeing your cutie-patootie at the gym now and then. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home