they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

the bane of my existence.

so, it's no secret that i have a UTI. and because it's not a secret, i'm going to talk about it. read at your own risk.

it sucks. it is the most horrible, uncomfortable thing my body has ever been afflicted with. i've had these before, but not like this one. this one has been dragging its feet for a week and a half. i've gone through five different kinds of antibiotics and it just keeps getting worse. now, i'm on a serious cousin of cipro (the drug that they give people when they've been exposed to anthrax.) it's a scary option. it can cause all kinds of bad things. psychosis even. but it seems worth it. because last night, i couldn't even have a blanket resting anywhere near my bladder. i couldn't lay in bed for five minutes without having to race to the toilet and i couldn't get better. i just wanted to cry. and i did. a couple of times.

usually running helps me feel better. well, after my first run ever in my new neighborhood (on sunday) i haven't been able to even look at my running shoes without running for the toilet. i feel like a total slacker. i'm not good at being sick.

today i'm home for the second day in a row. i hate taking sick days. i had to reschedule an important meeting and i'm all out of soup, cranberry juice and anything that sounds halfway appealing to my feverish tummy. so i ate bear mush. it's like cream of wheat. what i really want is a huge, steamy bowl of Pho from vietnam cafe. any takers?

:)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger noapostrophe said…

    awww honey, I'm so sorry! I know how you feel! It is probably the worst feeling in the world, I agree. Feel better soon!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry you are sick. I wish I lived closer to you, I'd bring you that bowl of Pho. I hope you feel better soon

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In case you haven't tried it, cranberry juice with NO SUGAR works amazingly well. Usually a health food store carries it, and it costs a small fortune, but worth every penny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home