they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

sick.

i'm sick,
and it hurts
to breathe.
i'm tired of being sick
and tired
and sick
and i can't remember what it feels like
to sleep in a reclining position -
to rest without phlegm bubbling about,
trying to force its way
to
the
surface
resulting in a back-breaking
deep cough
that sounds like death rattling
but is productive enough
to produce
ugly
yellow
chunks
of nastiness
inside my mouth.
and then i ask myself
if i should swallow the thick mucus
or
stop caring what coworkers think,
pull out my trashcan
and hack that blob into its depths -
hoping to be rid of it forever.
knowing i will likely meet its clone
the next time
i cough
and sneeze
and become suddenly thankful
for the times when i felt
well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger "The D" said…

    When I have loogies like that I spit them in my hand and throw them at annoying co-workers. That shuts them up!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yum!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home