they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

You, too, can become a food snob.

I have a confession to make. I’m a food snob. I don’t know how it happened, but I do know it was a gradual evolution and that the Food Network played a large role.

I used to rave and rave about the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday’s, I didn’t require artisan bread for my sandwich and I certainly wouldn’t have laughed if someone mispronounced Pinot Grigio. But now, I turn my nose up at iceberg lettuce because for me, it’s not a salad unless it features a mix of field greens and, perhaps, even some fresh basil. I also haven't consumed a sandwich on sandwich bread for years. When I don't have access to fresh baked bread, I use a tortilla instead.

And though I don’t necessarily brag about this fact, I’m kind of proud of my food knowledge. So thank you Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence and Molto Mario. Thank you for bringing your love of food to my television so that from the comfort of my living room, I could become a food snob.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger noapostrophe said…

    Jessi, don't feel guilty about your food snobbery. It will only benefit you to eat healthy food and have good eating habits. There is far too much crap on the grocery store shelves. I, too, am a snob, only I am also a nerd about it. Alton Brown of "Good Eats", how I adore thee. Your scientific explanations for how and why food cooks fascinate me so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home