they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

And it all makes sense.

Sometimes, it's easy to forget the simple things - the things that are so easily overlooked. Perhaps nothing is better at reminding me about the reason I'm here and the truth I know and the miracle of life than the birth of a baby. This year, with 12 pregnant friends, I've had plenty of reminders, so you'd think maybe I would have gotten this point by now. But still, each time another baby is delivered and I meet him or her, surviving outside of my friend's womb, the point hits home again. Welcome to the world Griffin Carty. Thank you for letting us meet you last night and for the joy you have brought and will bring to our lives and to your parents and to everyone who you will touch throughout you life. You are a beautiful miracle, baby boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home