they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

aging gracefully?

tonight, i went to a 20-year high school reunion. and then to a 40th birthday party.

in about a month, i hit a big milestone birthday. people who meet me still think i'm 23. um, i don't look 23. just sayin'.

but anyway, 20 year reunions are prime, PRIME people watching. you wish you were there. forget that it cost $98 a ticket. you WISH you were there.

and now, too late i say to you, good night, internets. talk to you tomorrowish.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I skipped my 35th class reunion last week and my 30th class reunion in 2003.

    I finally reached the conclusion that people who were dicks 3 decades ago are still dicks. They are just old, wrinkled, bitter dicks.

    Or they died.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger curious said…

    I was searching for something a couple of months ago when I stumbled across your blog. I normally pass these by but something caught my attention and I started reading. I think it was Gus that hooked me! I didn’t understand what had happened to him. I would come back now and then to skim the archives but nothing popped out. I finally decided that to solve the mystery I needed to start at the beginning and read all the way through. So in between chores, phone calls, and TV breaks this weekend; I read.

    Like a good book it was hard to stop. I couldn’t wait to read the next “chapter”.
    Your openness and emotions come through on the screen. The words touch people to the point that they feel your joy and pain. You’re their friend and they care.

    I would buy the book. I would even pay to see the movie. ;-)
    Nicely done J-Dubb

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    intempe,
    thank you.

    do i know you, perchance?

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger curious said…

    No, we've never met and not likely that we ever will. That's Tempe, AZ btw. Your fan base is growing geographically too. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home