they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

blue shoes.


oh, hey 2010.

i bought my wedding dress today. and i am going to go to nordstrom's very soon to buy these shoes to go with it. how cute is this idea?

i know, i can't get over how great it is.

but anyway, i watched two shows about hoarders today. i'm not a hoarder. it made me afraid that i could become one. not because i have hoarding tendencies (because i don't) but just because it would be an awful way to live, and i like to think about awful things and then get anxious about them even if they have nothing to do with me.

our church canceled services today for like the first time ever. because kansas city is sucky when it comes to snow removal. and by sucky i mean, they haven't even plowed the street next to church once. and this is like the fourth snowfall in 10 days.

speaking of that, i went running today. in 8-degree, snowy conditions. people literally laughed at me. outloud. from their porches. as they let their dogs out. i just smiled (from beneath my neck gator) and waived. i was the winner in that situation.

total miles for 2010 = 10.5 so far.

hoping to reach 1,000 by 2011. here's to that. (and to the blue shoes.)

7 Comments:

  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Donna. W said…

    I took my walk in the pasture; walking through snow really is a workout, and I was sweating by the time I got back to the house.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger katy ryan said…

    Adore those shoes! I think brightly colored heels are a must with a wedding dress. I'm in search of purple. Happy New Year!!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    LOVE it. Always thought blue was the way to go with a wedding dress.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Queen of Quirky said…

    I absolutely love your blue shoes. Will you be showing us your dress? Pretty please some day? And props for running outside. For me, it's not the cold temperatures that sent me to the gerbil wheel they call a treadmill, it was the fact that I would literally fall on my butt in this snow.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous flowerparts@yahoo.com said…

    i wore blue shoes in our wedding!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi,
    My name is Linda Rose and I am the assistant editor of Infection.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a relationship with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Infection.org is a purely informational site dedicated to the general Public. It provides a focal point on the Internet for Infection information.

    I hope you show some interest in building relationship, please contact me at linda.infection.org@gmail.com.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger May said…

    LOVE the shoes!

    Here's hoping for employment before the one year mark... fingers crossed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home