they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, July 16, 2007

growing up.


i bought a car this weekend. by myself. i did the research. i went to the dealership. i refused to pay more than a couple hundred over invoice. i told them what i wanted out of my trade-in. and, i told them what my car payment needed to be. and after 3 and 1/2 hours, i got what i wanted.

granted, it's still being shipped here. so, i won't get this baby until late in the week. i did it. all by myself. i am a car-buyer.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Ooh...we're gonna be working with some trade-ins (we have two hunks o' junk we need to get rid of) in a few weeks here, and I'm a bit worried! When I bought my car in '02, I didn't have anything to trade...just made an offer, gave 'em a check, and I was on my way.

    I hope my fiance is doing the research for us! I don't wanna...(He's literally addicted to the car sites right now, though, so I think he's getting it done for us, thank goodnes.)

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is that a Yaris? very cool. what color did you get? you seem to be getting more independent all the time. are you on your own now for a while? love your poems/blog. how is your running?

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Caleb said…

    YES, a new motocar!!! Way to stand up to those auto dealing demons. I'll see you on the Streets!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this a hybrid that requires you to replace the (expensive) battery in a couple years? I don't know much about hybrids, but heard something about it on the radio. You don't want any costly surprises!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    no. not a hybrid. it does get 40 MPG though.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool! happy driving!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home