they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, October 16, 2006

she got married

This weekend my sister got married. My baby sister.
We took lots of pictures before. Nick captured some with our digital camera.
It was raining, so we couldn't take pictures outside. We had lots of time to kill in the big room in the basement. Here are Amy and Jonelle.


Nick came to see Amy in the big room. Everyone wanted to see her before the ceremony. Probably because she was the most beautiful bride ever. Here are Nick and I looking pretty good if you ask me.
After the ceremony, the best man and I got to ride in the limo with Amy and Tim. Here I am with Tim who had just proclaimed - after mistakingly touching my leg - that he is my brother now. We got champagne in the limo. Yum.


The cake was beautiful and tasty.


Amy looks freaked out here.


As the matron of honor, I had to give a toast. I got laughter. I got tears. I got sweaty palms.


After the toasting, the reception got crazy. My mom shouted over the DJ's sweet thumping tunes, "I've never seen a reception come so alive as this....do I have green things in my teeth?!" Then, these kids started break dancing.

And Nick and I were proclaimed the best dancers of the event. We don't even usually dance. I don't think Nick made this face the entire night. Gosh, I hope not.



3 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Yaaaay! Pictures! Very pretty dresses, sista.

    Congrats to your sis and her new hubby!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    aaaaah. i miss you guys like crazy!!
    -Steff

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    oh, and btw, congrats on ur sis gettin married, you both looked soooo pretty!!! (and yes, i am at school right now... oops... lol.)
    -Steffy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home