they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, July 17, 2006

about which i learn to just give up

i will never be a bronzed beauty. i just won't. and i clearly need to stop trying. especially on 101 degree days. on a raft. in the middle of a swimming pool. covered by zero shade trees. for two hours. with minimal sunblock. in a two-piece. with a stomach that hadn't seen the sun in years. and one rolling rock light. i think the beer perpetuated my belief that i would develop a luxurious, deep tan.

instead, my skin is on fire.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    After four decades on this planet, I still have trouble with the ironclad "don't drink beer in the summer sun" rule. Bad things happen.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger cmccown said…

    For the second time in two months, I am about to start peeling because I thought I could get a tan. I can't. I am perpetually pale. I feel your pain.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you should change your outlook. pale = beauty, as does dark hair. but maybe its just me :)

    i want to date wednesday adams. ummm... yeah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home