they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, April 06, 2009

hi.

it's been five weeks since the day that switched the time on my alarm clock, the number of showers i would take in a week and the number of deadlines i was working against. i know my dog better and my niece better than i did then. i know how my hair looks after a day of not washing it. i know how to stretch one meal to last all week - for lunch and for dinner. i know that if i don't go to the gym 6 out of 7 days right now, i will go insane. i know that i don't have a bruised lung and i am not looking forward to the bill for the x-ray. i know that i wait until at least 4 before i turn on the television. i know that there aren't enough jobs out there for everyone who needs them. i know that i'm dehydrated, but i can't figure out why.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Megan R. said…

    I have days where I feel unusually dehydrated, too. That's when I start worrying that I have diabetes, which runs heavily in both sides of my family. I'm just paranoid, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home