they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I can't always be poetic

Tom Cruise loves Katie Holmes. Great. Did anyone see him on Oprah? Wow.

One Tree Hill on the WB had a two-hour season finale last night and instead of suffering through the worst American Idol finale ever, I watched it. Constantine, you should have made it. Not sure what America is thinking but, you’re my idol.

For two consecutive days, I’ve caught myself actually semi-enjoying a Creed song. I’m ashamed. Twice, I turned the volume in my car up to pulsing levels, rolled down my windows and sang along. I thought I hated Creed. Don’t tell anyone.

Made brussel sprouts again. Didn’t cook them long enough. It makes all the difference in the world.

And finally, my friend Jess sent me this link yesterday :
http://www.alternet.org/story/22076
It made me think. Only my J-school diploma is more like an $80,000 diploma, which I am still paying off. Love it or hate it, it raises some good points and interestingly enough, the vice-publisher of my company is a Harvard grad with a degree in economics, not journalism.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger noapostrophe said…

    During my second-to-last semester of college, when I had finally had it with the J-School, with frustrating internship applications, with the haze of jaded journalism, I broke down to my mom. She said, "Just get through your last semester and graduate. All that matters is that you have a college degree. You can do anything with a college degree." She's right. I know how you feel Jessi; I go through the same dilemma all the time. But really, you're so talented, you could do anything with your $80,000 journalism degree. I promise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home