2009 has been a bittersweet year for me. let's recap.
1. i went to hawaii.
2. while i was in hawaii i got bronchitis.
3. i lost my job.
4. b & i bought a house.
5. i got a contract job at Sprint and met some great people.
6. it was a two-month contract.
7. i got depressed almost every other day because it's hard to not have a job.
8. i had more time to live.
9. so i made new friends.
10. and spent a lot of time with my niece.
11. i was also able to keep our house very clean.
12. i could not, however, afford much of anything.
13. and then my cobra subsidy ran out.
14. and i could afford even less.
15. but i did have lots of time to run.
16. so i trained for another half marathon.
17. and finished it with a new PR (personal record.)
18. then i got a temporary gig at the super-secret agency.
19. and i met some really great people.
20. and got to work on some really great projects.
21. in the meantime, i turned 30.
22. and realized that i am nowhere near where i thought i'd be after three decades of life.
23. but hey, i got engaged to my best friend.
24. and the ring he proposed to me with is beautiful.
25. we hosted our first thanksgiving.
26. it went great.
27. i drank too much wine at this event, however, due to nerves.
28. so i learned to alternate. a glass of wine. a glass of water. and so forth.
29. i am now planning a wedding while continuing to look for a full-time gig.
30. but i think i'm happier now than i was last year.
31. which is maybe the best thing about this messy year.